Joburg Water said that an emergency water shutdown will be implemented to fix a major burst pipe at corner Christiaan de Wet and Erasmus roads on 19 and 20 January. A statement from the water entity explained that water will be interrupted between 9pm on 19 January and 6am on 20 January.
The areas affected include: Struben’s Valley, Littlefalls, Wilgeheuwel, Amarosa, Aanwins, Harveston, Ruimsig, Très Jolie, Zonnehoewe, Poortview, Willowbrook Estate and Honeydew View.
Joburg Water said besides the disruption, the water supply across the City of Johannesburg is normal, with reservoir levels across the city in a satisfactory position.
Residents are reminded that level-2 water restrictions are still in place and must be adhered to.
Level-2 water restrictions according to section 44 (3) of the Water Services Bylaw states that all consumers are forthwith compelled:
- Not to water and irrigate their gardens from 6am and 6pm every day
- Not to fill their swimming pools with municipal water
- Not to use hosepipes to wash their cars, paved areas.
Water saving tips:
- Don’t leave taps dripping
- Take shallow baths
- Use bathwater or grey-water to water the garden.