Joining your local residents’ association (RA) is not just exclusive to homeowners but tenants or those living in complexes, too.
Being part of your local association helps create an integrated community with a multitude of eyes surveying the area and looking out for one another. Gone are the days when you don’t know the name of your neighbour or the names of your local sector police officers.
Honeydew CPF public relations officer and Panorama RA chairperson, Jon Rosenberg said, “Becoming a member of your local RA will benefit you as you have a direct link to your ward councillor, police station, emergency services, and other entities in case of an emergency.
“Also, you are advised of crime trends and what to look out for.”
In many cases, RAs organise social events that bring the community together. These could include events such as the recent CPF fun run in September that was attended by 261 participants and raised R7 310 for the Honeydew Police Station trauma centre.
In March, the Welview RA hosted an Easter ‘bring and braai’. Chairperson Tana Cope said, “It has been amazing to see the residents in our sector pull together and assist each other. All RAs ultimately strive to make their area safe and crime free, however, we cannot do it alone and we need the residents help by joining and getting more involved.”
The recent Cockspur River clean-up hosted by the RiverWel RA was a resounding success that saw young and old residents help keep their environment clean and beautiful.
Domestic Watch meetings frequently help in various RAs as well.
Here is a map depicting the local RAs and their boundaries (below are the chairpersons and their details):
- Allen Glen: Craig Rheeders 083 266 2197
- Allen’s Nek: Tony Wilkson 082 443 4259
- Bontelsie Park: Linda Aucamp 082 445 1660
- Constantia Kloof North: John Baisley 071 864 7872
- Constantia Village: Ross Robertson 083 704 2959
- Devon Valley: Fred Otto 079 825 7995
- Eastwood Neighbourhood Watch: Darius Bosson 083 293 7016
- Panorama: Jon Rosenberg 082 450 2305
- Randridge: Bruce Murphey 083 556 3226
- Randpark Ridge Ext 4: Glynis Rosendo 083 461 2018
- Randpark Ridge Ext 14: Debbie Stutz 072 239 8868
- Riverwel: Kevin Thomson 072 238 0348
- Rock Watch: Lara Sole 082 309 2020
- Welridge: Sharmraj Bauchoo 079 892 9915
- Welview: Tana Cope 084 504 5971.