How to report fallen trees

The procedure to report fallen trees explained. Source: Pixabay (WEB)

Summer time does not only bring with it warmer temperatures and longer days, but also heavy storms resulting in fallen trees and branches.

The councillor for Ward 70, Caleb Finn, is urging residents to not ignore fallen trees, but to report them. “With th summer rains and winds returning, I realise that residents will have to deal with fallen tress,” he said in a Facebook post recently.

The councillor for Ward 70, Caleb Finn, explains the process to report fallen trees. Photo: Adéle Bloem

He urged residents to follow the correct procedure to ensure these incidents are dealt with correctly and promptly.

“If you see a fallen tree, you should contact Johannesburg City Parks and Zoo (JCPZ) by calling 011 375 5555 (Option 0). Ensure you write down the reference number received from the operator who will log all your details. JCPZ have standby teams who will come out and cut the tree,” he said.

Caleb concluded by saying, “Should the tree be blocking a road or be in a dangerous place, residents should also contact the Johannesburg Metropolitan Police Department (JMPD) on 011 375 5911.

They will dispatch a JMPD unit to deal with the problem.”

Do you perhaps have more information pertaining to this story? Email us at  (remember to include your contact details) or phone us on 011 955 1130.

For free daily local news on the West Rand, also visit our sister newspaper websites 

Roodepoort Record

Randfontein Herald

Krugersdorp News 

Get It Joburg West Magazine

Adéle Bloem

Latest News


Next Story x
Mashaba calls for solution in Ruimsig housing matter